Sunday, May 31, 2009

Uh-oh #37: An update on the skirt project


A couple of weeks ago, I made some progress sewing my skirt (yes, the one I was supposed to complete about three weeks ago for my husband's graduation). I finished the zipper, which proved to be an un-picking fest. Then, I got the waist all stitched up and was so excited to move onto the "flounce" of the skirt.  After stitching the sides of the flounce together and taking a look at my handy-work, I was perplexed. Something was definitely wrong. Indeed, I found the cutting instructions and discovered (or was reminded, rather) that I was supposed to cut out TWO pieces of flounce on the fold. That wouldn't have been a problem, except that, since I had to re-cut a piece earlier (see original post), there was not enough material.  I will have to go to the fabric store this week. 

To be continued...maybe. 

(It is becoming very clear to me why it takes me a year or more to re-kindle the desire to sew between each project.)

No comments: