Sunday, September 28, 2008

Singing and other creative outlets

Last night I went to the local broadcast of the General R.S. meeting.  Elder Uchtdorf spoke about creating things.  Today after thinking about that, my desire to be in a choir returned, as it occasionally does. 
So, with this in mind, I looked around online and found a few things.  I wonder, though, if this may not be the season in my life to be in a community choir. Rehersals, fees, performances... these words don't exactly mesh with my life at the moment. This is not to say I do not enjoy my life- I very much do.  I will simply search elsewhere for some way to create and look forward  to the time in my life when I can sing:)   I guess I still have some brainstorming to do! My apologies to those who love blogging, but my new blog isn't filling this need in me. 

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Yea!!! I'm SO glad that you have a blog!. I enjoy Adam's blog, but it's really not the stuff that I want to hear from you guys. :) You'll love blogging. It's so fun!

wordsfromhome said...

I have found the branch choir to be very creative and stimulating. it consist of between three and twenty wonderful people who have little time but come when they can, and it blossoms to the larger number for one or two rehersals before each performance. The most diligent and sweet participants cannot read music and learn everything by rote. A couple of them (bless their hearts) cannot carry a tune, and most of them have difficulty singing any part except the melody.
But it is amazing to me, when we sing in Reunion Sacramental, it is beautiful.

Alice said...

I miss being in a choir too. I've tried our ward choirs over the years, but it's not the same.

natalie said...

Wordsfromhome, I am currently a member of the ward choir, and while I enjoy it, I have to agree with Allie...it isn't quite the same. I grateful to be part of it, though. Our director is so kind.