Monday, October 6, 2008

running is for the birds

This morning, my new friend and I bundled up our kid(s) in our strollers and ran about 2.5 miles.  It has been about 2 months since I went running, and... wow. Maybe we were going too fast, because, I found that as we talked, I had to gasp- talk slightly faster than normal-and then gasp again. It was a little embarrassing. After a while my ears were plugging up and were hurting.  I was so grateful when she suggested that we walk for a few minutes. Well, anyway, we made it, and saw a few horses and ponies during the journey, which the kids liked.  When we got home, I made it onto my couch and stayed there for quite a while and tried to play with LG while staying seated/horizontal. He was cheery and energetic, of course. Our next run is on Wednesday. It will be better.(?)

2 comments:

adamf said...

Good job Nat! Considering my resolution today, I'm quite impressed and inspired by you!

Hannah says that exercise is supposed to improve the quality of our lives... maybe after you get a few runs in the ear plugging and the pains etc. will decrease. I know that I question the point of exercise after I wake up a day after lifting weights and can't straighten out my arms due to muscle pains.

tara said...

way to go on the run. i do hope that this morning's sojourn went a little bit better. in my experience (which is oh so vast) it takes about two weeks of ear, muscle, throat, etc pain before running actually becomes something unbearable. good luck! thanks for hangin out. lets do it again sometime!