Sunday, October 26, 2008

Decision 2008? I'm still deciding

 I know some of you are appalled.  That's okay. Here is my story: I have watched the presidential debates, talked with my husband and others, written pros and cons for each candidate, etc. to help myself make a good choice. My loyalty to my family's political affiliation is waging war with my desire to make an independent choice (which, automatically takes on the appearance of voting opposite of what I've been taught growing up).   Although the clock is ticking I will make my decision.  Fortunately for me, our absentee ballots have yet to arrive. Are any of you shocked that I wrote a post on politics? Me too.

2 comments:

George said...

Congratulations and welcome to the process in however you decide. Isn't it wonderful to be given the rights we have of expression, discussion and the ultimate liberating act of voting according to the dictates of our own conscience?

Was there ever a people with so much freedom as we have? I think not. It is an important time in our history as John McCain observed in his speech at the Al Smith memorial dinner. He said only a few generations ago a Black man could not or would not be allowed to enter the White House, now the real possibility exists that a Black man can be elected president of the United States.

John McCain is a truly an American hero. Barack Obama is at the least a historical and 'transformational' character for whom I voted.

Alice said...

I was still undecided on who to vote for for governor until I was there with the buttons in front of me.

I'm glad the ballots made it in time. Hope the decision wasn't too difficult!

(After tomorrow, it will be over! I'm really looking forward to that!)